Friday, January 14, 2011

Scubapro MK25 A700 Black Tech

So here is the newest regulator in Scubapro's lineup. Actually its just the last newest one painted black. This is the Mk25 A700 Black Tech. When I first seen this picture I was extremely excited, this regulator looks beautiful. I have used the standard A700 and its one of the best regulators I have ever sucked air through, however I was not a fan of the chrome so I couldn't wait for this all black addition to come out, this picture is the coolest looking regulator I have seen. But this is the but a big but, in person this regulator looks allot different than in the picture. The coating is a black shiny metallic coating that looks more bronze than black . I would have loved for it to be the flat black look that the pictures suggested but instead we have a "shiny bronze tech." I will say in my opinion it looks allot better than the chrome ( I'm not a fan of anything chrome really, regs, rims so on..) but I had this image of a flat all  black regulator so anything different would have disappointed me. I'm Disappointed.
Now if you want this shiny bronze colored version of the MK25 A700 it will only cost you about 200 dollars extra, this coating is not cheap.  The coating is a : Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) finish, which gives increased surface scratch resistance. I believe its the finished being used on allot of knives nowadays, so it is very durable.
In the end it is a new regulator, looks allot cooler than the chrome, more durable and breathes amazing.


STILL WISHING IT WAS FLAT BLACK though

No comments:

Post a Comment